Dryer Vent Cleaning
The Importance of Cleaning Dryer Vents
Your dryer vents may be easy to forget, but cleaning them regularly is an important part of ensuring that your home is clean and safe for your entire family.
Some of the warning signs that your dryer vent may be blocked or obstructed include:
- Excess lint behind the dryer
- Clothes taking longer to dry
- No lint on the lint screen
- Excess lint or pet hair on clothing
- Lint around the door seal
- Unusually hot dryer and clothing
- Moldy smell
Risks of Obstructed Dryer Vents
There are risks with ignoring these warning signs and not properly cleaning dryer vents. These risks include:
- Home fire – the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) warns that malfunctioning or poorly maintained clothes dryers and washing machines are one of the leading causes of home fires
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – gas dryers where the vents are blocked, obstructed or not properly maintained can cause carbon monoxide to build up in the home
- Mold Growth – blocked or obstructed dryer vents can’t effectively remove moisture as designed, causing moisture to be released into the home and possibly resulting in mold growth
Chem-Dry of Seattle offers professional Dryer Vent Cleaning using specialized equipment including cameras and powerful extraction equipment to completely clean your dryer vents.
Don’t just take our word for it
We would HIGHLY recommend Chem-dry!! We had two bad pee spots in our house from our older dog who had had some medical issues and then our puppy. One spot had been peed on multiple times by multiple dogs. We’d tried at-home products and regular carpet cleaning multiple times and there were still stains and they still smelled like pee. After two years (!!) of trying other products and companies, Chem-dry got it completely out!! And he was only here for like 90 minutes! I’m so impressed. We will definitely be using them again next time we need any kind of carpet cleaning. He was also very nice and professional!
I used ChemDry for about 5-6 years to help clean our micro apartments. They provided a great service then and continue to provide it now. Gene, the owner is the one that comes to do the job. He was responsive to my initial call and prompt to the date/time set up for the job. He left the carpets cleaned, disinfected, and smelling fabulous! We will definitely call him again in the future.
We have our rugs and upholstery cleaned every year and Gene and his crew always do an outstanding job. They are professional, friendly, and consistent. Highly recommend!